It's about anticipating, recognising, evaluating and controlling health hazards arising from work such as dust, gases, vapours, fume, noise, vibration, asbestos, sensitisers, carcinogens, Legionella, etc.
'Hygiene' is defined as the science concerned with health, but in common usage has taken on a much narrower definition linking it to cleanliness.
The COSHH Regulations 2002 as amended are very broad in their scope. C-CHEC can provide your company with the complete service with respect to the COSHH Regulations.
We can assist you in the following ways:
- Supporting you in the COSHH risk assessment process
- Advising you on the appropriate level of control
- Helping you with the installation, inspection, testing and maintenance of control systems
- Carrying out air sampling programmes
- Statutory Inspection & Testing of LEV systems and advice on design (P601 & P602)
- Qualitative and Quantitaive Respirator Face Fit Testing to “Fit-2-Fit” standard
- Health surveillance (see Health Risk Assessment)
- Information, instruction and training